May 20, 2004
Guy blogs about his experience meeting Maury Povich. Blog gets high Google ranking. Maury fans mistake guy's blog for official Maury site. Result: Lots of comments.
Posted by hirmes at May 20, 2004 03:06 PM
Well, I scooped MeFi by a whole 30mins.
sometimes that's all we can ask for
Years ago, I did a stint as a fact-check at Good Housekeeping magazine. In my office there was a large cardboard box full of handwritten letters. It turned out that the magazine had run a story about interesting jobs women (well, people, but women, really) could do from home. I never saw the story but it seemed to focus on proofreading as a spare-time occupation. This box was FULL to the brim with women wanting information on becoming proofreaders; the sample I skimmed on top included lots of life stories, about wanting to do something that used their heads, and about their love of books, and etc. Not quite the same thing as these letters to Maury, but not far off.
would u answer some of these questions that i have. Because i need it for my project in English .
1) How do you come up wiht all of hte topics for hte show?
2) How many people call you a day?
3) How did you know you wanted to be a talk show host?
4) What collage did you go to , to study for this?
5) How do you keep the people under control like that?
6) How do you pick people to be on your show?
7) How much do you get picked to be on your show?
8) How many people work for you?
9) Were is your studio held at?
10) Is it hard doing your job?